Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Paper Food Making

I decided to make paper food that I enjoy making the most in real life. Baking is one of my favourite things to do; therefore I chose to make cup cakes. Regretted this decision because it was not as easy as I thought it would be.

I started off with a template for cupcake wrappers, printed out 90 pages with this template on and wrapped them around each other to make the inside of the cupcake.  This took the most time and the least fun. It took me 7 hours to wrap up enough templates to make 3 cupcake insides. 

Template


Next was the actual “dough’ to go around the cupcake inner. This was a vanilla colour because vanilla cupcakes taste and are the best. This was tricky to make the base and top for the cupcake, without having the paper edges being seen, especially because it was not a perfectly round cupcake, more like an oval. Didn’t think this one though. I used the template for this as well.

My favourite part was the actual cupcake wrapper. I could be decorative with this. I used a flowery, cotton black paper, with a shiny feel to it. Around this a placed a flowery cut out from a dolly used for teatime. I think it looked really elegant at the end. For the icing I used pink wax paper and crumbled it up to make icing for the top.


Feedback

ICING REJECTED. Had to start the entire food making over from scratch because the icing was stuck to my cupcakes and had to be ripped off. Did not leave me in the best of moods.




The second attempt

I made flatter icing (pink again J) out of tissue paper. This was tricky at first but I got the hang of it. For the finishing touch I made blue, yellow and green sprinkles.  It was finally finished. Luckily I had redone the box twice myself because I did not like it, therefore I could chose between a triangle or square box. The triangular box looked the best but was not scored properly, so I went with the square box. I used templates for these too.


No comments:

Post a Comment